These blogs are ideas and learning's of Wynisco employees and Bootcamp students
Back to Blog
Flood gates opened in 2019 when a blind man sued Dominos that he could not order pizza and won the case.
From that day many people started suing companies for web accessibility issues left right center.
In response companies prioritized web accessibility stories.
What was the last consideration suddenly became priority overnight.
New positions were created ,
Ex: Accessibility Coach , Accessibility Tester and more
In fact a couple of our web dev bootcamp students were hired just to work on accessibility.
Accessibility was introduced in the early software development lifecycle which was pretty much an after though .
I punished our students to bring a presentation on web accessibility on follows topic, Will share with all best presentation with permission from student
Here are topics I asked them to cover
• Understand Accessibility ( A11y) https://lnkd.in/dS7rHGKX
WCAG 2.1 Standard
• Semantic HTML and its role ?
• What do Screen Readers do and how do they work , some example ?
• What tags to use for accessibility ?
• What is Aria and why do we use them, Examples ?
• Tools :: Axe ( Chrome Extension) , Accessible, JAWS